Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chicken Quesadillas

I love chicken quesadillas. Well, really I love anything with a Mexican flare.
There are a few things I could eat almost everyday.
One is seafood and the other is Mexican food!
Skinny taste has an awesome recipe for chicken quesadillas if you are in the mood. It is quick and easy and really doesn’t need anything to go with it except for maybe some homemade salsa or guacamole and chips!
I am trying to remember to take pictures of the whole process,
really I am but….
this is my first photo ~ red onions and red peppers, not the ingredients!














You will need to use the red peppers and onions but first you will need to get the chicken going so how about starting off a little like this















Cook the chicken breasts in a skillet, seasoning them with salt, pepper, cumin and oregano. Use generously!
Once the chicken is done, cut it into strips or chunks,
whichever you prefer.
Cut up your red pepper and onion for sautéing.













I also added mushrooms to mine, mmmm!
In the same skillet, add your veggies and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook until desired tenderness.
Once they are done, begin grilling your tortilla in a different skillet, layering it with cheese, chicken and vegetables and top with another tortilla. Flip and grill the other side.
Serve with fat free sour cream. Add some chips and salsa or guacamole if it is something you can’t live without ~ like me ~ and enjoy!














To get the complete recipe and print one out for yourself, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment