Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Chicken Cordon Bleu

chicken cordon blue

Last week I made a new recipe from Skinny taste, Chicken Cordon Bleu. I’ve always seen this on menus but never tried it.

I was very pleased with the results, and so were the guys!

Again I forgot to take pictures of the ingredients but this is what you will need to get started:
  • 4 chicken breast halves
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 3/4 cup seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
  • 12 slices thin lean deli ham
  • 12 slices reduced fat Swiss cheese
  • salt
  • spray oil
  • toothpicks

I wasn’t going to show you the first picture of the raw chicken on the cutting board because it kind of grossed me out but…

Gina did it! So will I!

ccb begining

First, you want to layer the chicken with ham and Swiss cheese. (Bad picture but I’m getting there!)

Roll it up and keep it held together with tooth picks.

ccb before

Next you dip the chicken roll up thing in your beaten eggs and water mixture.

ccb during2

Roll it around in the breadcrumbs. Coat it really well.

ccb

Place the finished products on your baking rack or cookie sheet and slide them in the oven that you already heated to 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.

chicken cordon blue

When they come out, they are golden brown and melted to perfection!

asparagus

I am so in love with asparagus lately that I had this as a side item. They were made for each other.

For me, this whole meal is only 2 points! Yay!

To print out your own copy of the chicken recipe, click here.

To get a copy of the asparagus recipe, click here. (I just prefer it on the stovetop instead of the oven.)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment