Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Thursday, July 16, 2015
I created a clean eating challenge on facebook and the ladies that are in the group have LOVED every single meal I’ve given them.
This was no exception!
If I had my choice I would eat a Mexican type food everyday but when I am planning food for other people, I have to cut back some.
I took a chance with this meal and it was a HIT!
I hope you enjoy this as much as we have =)
You will need:
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breastsDirections:
3 cups salsa, divided
1½ cups water
1 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 green peppers, chopped
16 oz frozen corn
1 jalapeno pepper, minced (without ribs and seeds)
1 14 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
4 ounces light cream cheese
6 ounces light Pepper Jack cheese (or cheese of choice)
cilantro for topping
Baked tortilla chips
- Place the chicken breasts, 1½ cups salsa, 1 1/2 water, cumin, chili powder and salt in the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours. When the chicken is done, shred the meat directly in the crockpot using two forks.
- Pat the minced peppers dry with a paper towel. Place the bell peppers in a
large nonstick skillet over high heat without oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes WITHOUT
stirring. This creates the browned, roasted look out on the outside of the
peppers. Stir once and repeat until the peppers are nice and browned.
Set aside. Repeat this process with the corn and jalapeño together.
- After the chicken has been shredded, add the roasted peppers, roasted corn and jalapeño, black beans, remaining salsa, and cream cheese to the crockpot. Stir and replace cover, allowing the cream cheese to melt. Adjust the consistency of the soup by adding another ½ cup of water if needed. Let the soup simmer for another 15-30 minutes until everything is smooth and melted. Just before serving, stir in the Pepper Jack cheese. Serves 8
Have an great night and a great weekend!
Monday, June 1, 2015
I am still here yes, yes I know. It’s been what…. months I’d say.
I’ve had so much happen in my life that has set it upside down, turned it around and refocused me so much so that I have to work daily on being normal again. This is a discussion for another day so I will table it for now.
I haven’t had a postworthy recipe in a while but this weekend we had a birthday celebration in my house that was cause for something new.
I made a banana pudding that I’ve had the recipe for years for but never had a reason to make it until this weekend.
Everyone should have this in their life – just once! It is that good y’all!
Ok here is what you need.
- 2.5 cups of 2% milk
- 1 lg box of vanilla instant pudding
- 1 can of eagle brand condensed milk (or store brand)
- 16 oz Coolwhip (I used Light)
- 1 package Vanilla wafers
- 4-5 ripe bananas
- Whisk or mix together the milk and vanilla pudding in a large bowl
- Add condensed milk and continue whisking.
- Add coolwhip and mix well
- Slice bananas to desired thickness.
- In a large dish, layer cookies, pudding mix and bananas.
- Continue layering until all done.
- Sprinkle top with crumbs of box for nice decorative topping.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.