I haven't made homemade mashed potatoes in a while.
I'd rather not remember why.
I forgot as soon as I took a bite of these.
They were easier than I remembered!
What you'll need:
4 medium sized red potatoes
1 cup of 1% milk
1/4 cup butter
Salt and pepper to taste
A dash of garlic powder
1. Wash and dry potatoes.
2. Dice up potatoes into nice size chunks, leaving skin on, and add to a large pot.
3. Cover with water and boil until you can poke them with a fork and they are tender.
4. Remove from heat and drain.
5. In a large mixing bowl add milk, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
6. With an electric mixer, blend until creamy, adding extra milk to thin out to your preferred consistency.
Serve them up steaming hot! I made them with an ole time favorite of hamburger steaks with brown gravy sauce and some good ole fried cabbage. Mmmmm good!
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Yes baked and I challenge you to taste the difference!
I used to stop at a local Mexican store to buy the pre-cut/mixed fajitas and all I had to do was cook them.
I couldn’t tell the difference.
Wait….come to think of it I could tell the difference. These were so much better than that!
You will need:
- 2-lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 Can of Rotel tomatoes
- 1/3 of a yellow pepper sliced into strips
- 1/3 of a red pepper sliced into strips
- 1/3 of a green pepper sliced into strips (so that all three of these make one whole pepper sliced)
- 1 small onion sliced into strips
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10-12 Corn tortillas
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with non stick spray.
- Mix together chicken, peppers, onions, and tomatoes into the pan.
- Mix together the spices and the oil. Drizzle the mixture over the chicken & peppers and toss to coat.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through and vegetables are tender.
I also made my favorite guacamole! Yum!
This recipe was adapted from Six Sister’s Stuff :)