I haven't made homemade mashed potatoes in a while.
I'd rather not remember why.
I forgot as soon as I took a bite of these.
They were easier than I remembered!
What you'll need:
4 medium sized red potatoes
1 cup of 1% milk
1/4 cup butter
Salt and pepper to taste
A dash of garlic powder
1. Wash and dry potatoes.
2. Dice up potatoes into nice size chunks, leaving skin on, and add to a large pot.
3. Cover with water and boil until you can poke them with a fork and they are tender.
4. Remove from heat and drain.
5. In a large mixing bowl add milk, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
6. With an electric mixer, blend until creamy, adding extra milk to thin out to your preferred consistency.
Serve them up steaming hot! I made them with an ole time favorite of hamburger steaks with brown gravy sauce and some good ole fried cabbage. Mmmmm good!