Yes baked and I challenge you to taste the difference!
I used to stop at a local Mexican store to buy the pre-cut/mixed fajitas and all I had to do was cook them.
I couldn’t tell the difference.
Wait….come to think of it I could tell the difference. These were so much better than that!
You will need:
- 2-lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 Can of Rotel tomatoes
- 1/3 of a yellow pepper sliced into strips
- 1/3 of a red pepper sliced into strips
- 1/3 of a green pepper sliced into strips (so that all three of these make one whole pepper sliced)
- 1 small onion sliced into strips
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10-12 Corn tortillas
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with non stick spray.
- Mix together chicken, peppers, onions, and tomatoes into the pan.
- Mix together the spices and the oil. Drizzle the mixture over the chicken & peppers and toss to coat.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through and vegetables are tender.
I also made my favorite guacamole! Yum!
This recipe was adapted from Six Sister’s Stuff :)