Thursday, June 17, 2010

Taco Night


Last night, I think I made the final change to my  meal plan schedule lol. Instead of the chicken fajitas (which I'd cooked last week), I made tacos, yay! I love tacos, well I really love anything Mexican, but I do love my tacos.

My son can devour about 4 of them. I usually can only handle two. This is the easiest thing in the world to make and one of the first things I started to cook when I switched to the new food plan. I tell people all the time that ask me that I still eat the same foods I ate before I started and I guess they just don't hear me or care to give it all a try but it is so easy.

My taco version (very similar to yours I bet!)

Lean ground beef 93/7 or 97/3 depending on which one your store sells. I've seen them both in the store. Really it just means to buy the leanest cut of ground beef you can find. Yes I know its expensive but with the money I save on using coupons, I can afford to spend extra on healthy cuts of meat and I usually try to go organic.

So ingredients are:
Lean ground beef
Taco seasoning
Corn tortillas (not soft flour and not corn tortillas from a box)
lettuce
tomato
low fat or fat free cheese
fat free sour cream

cook regular like any other taco recipe and add your favorite toppings. Serve with chips and salsa or fat free refried beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment