Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Snack time is happy time

I get asked a lot about what I do for snacks and I have to admit this is a tough one for me. Through trial and error I've come up with some really good snacks that I fall back on and some favorites I have around all the time. I generally try to stick around the 3 point margin for a snack or dessert but sometimes its hard not to go over. Some of my favorite snacks are

"Free Snacks"
Fresh Fruits
Fiber One yogurts (or any light flavored yogurt)
Fat Free Jello and Jello puddings
Toast with Fat Free cream cheese instead of butter
All unsweetened canned fruits

If those just don't get the job done then how about these

(Around the 3pt value)
Most 100 snack packs from different name brands (I haven't come across one that was more than 3 points)
Betty Crocker warm delights (the small individual one - yummy)
Whole wheat English muffin with fat free cream cheese
100 calorie popcorn (94% fat free)

And one recipe website that I like to go to a lot for great snack ideas and whatnots is Hungry Girl and today I received an email about the new Smooth and Dreamy Ice cream treats from Breyer and this delicious treat is only 4 points! I would give up an extra point for this one!


Hopefully these tips with help you make it through your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment