Friday, February 25, 2011

~ Sour Cream Enchiladas ~ Vegetarian?

One of my new recipes to try this week was Sour Cream Enchiladas. I have to be completely honest and say that I went back and forth all day about whether I should make these or  not. I just wasn’t sure about making something witthout meat. I just couldn’t grasp the concept of not having anything to chew lol.
I tried it.
My brain was confused with every bite! Er, where’s the beef?
My son gave it a 1 on a scale of 1-10 but yet he scrapped the plate clean?!?
Hubby and I gave it a 7 saying that with a little meat in the mix it would be around a 9. So not half bad but I won’t be rushing to add it to the weekly menu any time soon.
If you use it as a dip though, the inside was a-a-amazing!
Here is what you start with:
**The pictures were taken with my hubby’s Android phone and I thought they would turn out better and they did but not after you email them to yourself so sorry for the bad focus :( ~ I guess that means I just need to buy my own new Android phone or what about a new fancy camera, huh? Anyway here we go:
This is the ingredients: Green onions, FF sour cream, Corn tortillas, RF sharp cheddar cheese, enchilada sauce, Cumin and Cyanne pepper


After chopping the onions and mixing it with the cheese, sour cream and seasonings ~ this is your stuffing


What? That’s not appealing to you?
After you soft fry your tortillas and douse them in enchilada sauce you stuff them and layer them with cheese!


When they came out of the oven, they were bubbly and ready to eat. I served them with Mexican rice and FF refried beans.



If you are thinking of trying this recipe click here. It came from Pioneer Woman’s website, I just substituted with FF sour cream and reduced fat cheddar cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment