Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bow Tie Lasagna

Sunday night I made a new recipe for dinner and it was brilliant! I love lasagna but I don’t love the mess or the fat so I generally skip having something that is titled lasagna! This was the easiest pasta recipe and I made it “healthy style” so it was really low in points. It was only 5pts for the lasagna and a small side salad with a vegetable.
For the sauce you could use any flavor pasta sauce, spaghetti sauce or marinara sauce. Since Publix had Bertolli sauces BOGO, I chose a Fire Roasted Tomato pasta sauce and man was it flavorful.


I did use regular bow tie pasta, which was also on sale BOGO and because well, I just don’t like wheat pasta and really if I’m gonna eat pasta I’d rather have the regular stuff.


I probably could have added some shredded cheese to the top or maybe some parmesan but I think it turned out good just the way it was.
To Make this You will need:
1lb Lean ground beef
5 cups of bow tie noodles
3 cups pasta sauce ( I used a fire roasted sauce, mmm)
1 TBS Olive oil
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Italian Seasonings (or add more to your liking)
1/2 cup Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 cup Fat Free Sour Cream
Directions:
1. Brown the ground beef.
2. Add seasonings and pasta sauce and let simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Boil pasta according to directions.
4. When pasta is finished drain and toss in olive oil. Mix in the pasta and meat sauce.
5. Add your cheese and sour cream and fold over and stir until all is melted and combined.
Serve with Salad and a vegetable. Enjoy!
For the original version of this recipe click here.

1 comment: