Friday, January 14, 2011

Is a day at the doctor a day wasted?


So, I am still fighting this weird throat thing that I somehow acquired over the holidays. Yes I know I probably should have gone to the doctor a lot sooner but I wanted to try resolving the issue on my own. Not successful! Last night, at my birthday bash of all places, I was convinced (i.e. scared into going) to go to the doctor today by my nurse friend to find out the issue.
I was diagnosed with possible Gerd, aka acid reflux disease. I still need testing but really, that’s what has been making my throat sore for two weeks now. I am flabbergasted and a little annoyed that I spend 30 minutes driving around the parking lot looking for a spot and two hours waiting in the doctors office to find this out! I guess I should be thankful that it is not anything more serious and it is treatable if that is truly what I have since more testing has to be done after 2 weeks of medications but geez!
This means that the weekly menu plan I prepared is now garbage. I have to rethink my week because I can only tolerate soft foods. No yummy tacos or juicy chicken wraps for me. 
I guess my lesson learned today is when you think things are the worst they usually are simple and fixable. This also relates to anything in life you have to deal with. So next time don’t be so hard on yourself.
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment