Friday, January 21, 2011

Chicken, rice & black bean tacos - 5pts


Last night we continued with our Bahamas' trip menu. For those of you that are new, you missed the comment about me feeling like my house is having a weekly menu from and island or Mexico.
Last night I made chicken tacos with rice and black beans. Seems simple and maybe even a little boring right? Wrong. They were scrumptious. As with any of the recipes I make I tweak them always with fat free and/or low fat products to stay good on my points but again this just goes to show anyone that my plan is not and never will be a “diet”. I don’t feel like I’ve ever been on a diet and I sure don’t eat like I’m on one.
Click here to get the recipe.
The things I did differently were:
  1. I used boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of thighs.
  2. I seasoned my chicken with my own seasonings instead of taco seasoning.
  3. I also added fat free sour cream and low fat shredded cheese.
  4. I soft fried my corn tortilla shells with olive oil to give then a little crispy flare.
  5. I also used my leftover cilantro lime rice instead of Mexican rice. This will probably be a standard thing in my house now!

No comments:

Post a Comment