Thursday, July 18, 2013

Healthy Breakfast

healthy breakfast

Lets kick things off with one of my versions of a healthy breakfast. Everyone has their own in mind but this is mine.

I love grits. I didn’t used to but I sure do now. I like “fried eggs”. I didn’t used to but I can take them from time to time.

I am a carb girl. I love carbs. I like bread so I like reduced calorie Honey Wheat bread.

You could substitute the grits for homemade hash browns, we like those too.

Fried egg, grits and Toast Breakfast

Ingredients

  • 1 large egg
  • Non stick spray
  • 1/3 cup grits
  • 1/2 cup water
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 TBS shredded cheese - optional
  • 2 slices reduced calorie bread (any kind, any brand)
  • 1 TBS real spreadable butter

*Optional Starbucks coffee made at home – So good!

Directions:

  1. Spray skillet with non stick spray. Crack egg and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook to desired doneness – is that a word?.
  2. In a microwave bowl, add grits, salt to taste and water. Cook for 1 minute. Add shredded cheese if you like that kind of stuff :)
  3. Pop 2 slices of bread in the toaster. When they are done, spread on the butter.
  4. Plate it all up and vuala – you have breakfast. Now if you wanna get a little frisky, cook up some turkey bacon to go with that.

It’s quick. It’s easy. It’s healthy. It’s yummy!

Good morning (er afternoon) and good day to you! Another day we will make an egg san’ich.

No comments:

Post a Comment