Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Grilled Portabella Mushroom – as a burger

mushroom burger

One thing I love about living in Florida is that we pretty much have grilling weather all year long.

We grill at least once a week.

Simple stuff.

Grilled Chipotle Lime Chicken Sandwiches, Balsamic Pork Tenderloin, Corn on the cob or my fave Stuffed Cheddar, onion, bacon burgers!

We like to grill on the open flame even though gas is faster, there is nothing better than charcoal.

I’d seen other people use mushrooms as an alternative to meat for a burger so since I love mushrooms and I love burgers, it just seemed fitting to try.

I grilled it. I liked it. I would definitely make these again and again and again.

Now I know I could’ve used a fancy shmancy bun but when you do things on the fly, this is what happens. Real life stuff!

They were full of flavor, hearty and fulfilling.

I shook things up a bit and nothing but the bun was traditional on this burg….. er mushroom!

{Printable Link}

You will need:

  • 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp Red wine Vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 2 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • Sprinkle of salt
  • 3-4 Portabella caps
  • Roasted red peppers – to top the burger off
  • Guacamole (instead of mayo)
  • Munster cheese
  • Anything else you wanna throw on top

Directions

  1. Mix the balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, garlic, soy sauce and olive oil in a bowl.
  2. Poke a few holes in the mushrooms that go all the way through.
  3. Place mushrooms top side down in a rectangular container (preferably one with a lid) and pour the mixture evenly over all the mushrooms.
  4. Turn the mushrooms over, letting them marinate at least 2 hours.
  5. Prep your grill to a medium heat. Cover a section with aluminum foil and place mushrooms top down on the grill.
  6. Flip mushrooms about every 5 minutes so that you cook it for a total of 20 minutes.
  7. Grill your bun, if your into that kinda stuff!
  8. Top off your burger with all the fixins’ and enjoy!

Original recipe found here

Enjoy your dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment