Thursday, July 25, 2013

Bacon, Egg n Cheese San’ich

egg sandwich

My weekly routine is rearing its unicorn head again.

Every Monday we cook breakfast for dinner. Unless you were with me this past Monday – oh wait none of you were the fuming teenagers sitting in the back seat so no I guess you weren’t. We ate dinner at Mickey D’s. I have a love/hate relationship with this place. I love that it is easy on my wallet because they have their infamous $1 menu but I don’t really like anything on it. Let me take that back, I do love their fries, oh and the nuggets and I love their sweet tea, so I guess I can eat some of the clown food I like but not when I’m watching what I’m eating. Anyway we ate our nuggets, drank our tea, watched the storm roll by then headed back out on our destination.

Another place, I loved to eat at (no love/hate here just pure natural love of fat food) was (some say Aweful)Waffle House. I would always order a Bacon, egg and cheese sandwich with smothered and covered hashbrowns! Oh my -  someone please take my hand. I cannot stand it!

This is my favorite breakfast for dinner meal. There aren’t too many options you can make for breakfast that aren’t warm, sugary and fluffy. Sometimes I just don’t want warm, sugary and fluffy sitting on my plate waiting to be scarfed up for dinner. It just doesn’t gel well with my after dinner beer (just jokin ya).

You can make a leaner, healtheir version of this san’ich yourself and not feel like you just swam in a tub of lard.

{Printable Link}

You will need to grab:

  • 1 – large egg
  • 2 – slices of reduced calorie bread
  • 2 – cooked slices of turkey bacon
  • 1 – slice of your favorite low fat cheese
  • 1 – Tblsp of butter for the bread
  • Non stick cooking spray
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Directions are simple

  1. Spray a skillet with non stick spray. Crack your egg in the skillet (or you can beat the egg in a bowl first if you prefer it that way), adding salt and pepper to taste.
  2. Cook egg to desired doneness, making sure you flip it over to cook the other side. Salt and pepper the other side also.
  3. Toast your two pieces of bread, buttering it each piece when they are done.
  4. Add your slice of cheese to your toast.
  5. Add your strips of bacon (already cooked and ready to eat)
  6. When the egg is done, place it on top of the bacon and cheese. This way it melts the cheese and makes it even better.
  7. Cut in half and serve.

If you like whip you up some hashbrowns, smothered and covered to your liking and serve it along side the best bacon, egg, n cheese san’ich you’ll have all day! My favorite hashbrowns to use are Simply Hashbrowns in the refrigerated section – possibly in the same case as the eggs. (or at least it is in my store).

No comments:

Post a Comment