Friday, June 20, 2014

It is all about balance with 21 Day Fix

So every once in a while my husband says something that just makes me say…….

You know what, you are so right!

So we were talking about his personal weight loss journey and he said, “I can do all this in the gym and ruin it by how I eat”.

He is so dead on with this that I coulda kissed him if he were here!

That is what 21 Day Fix did for me. It set me back on track with eating right and eating enough. I thought I was eating plenty until I saw what I did need to eat. My biggest problem was proteins. I wasn’t eating near enough of them. Oh, and water I wasn’t drinking enough of that either. (slurrp…) It helped me find a balance between all food groups. I also decided to add shakeology to the program and I have to say that I still drink this every morning without fail. I absolutely love it. I have the multi pack so that I can change it up from day to day. Vanilla is hands down my favorite oh and I recently discovered white chocolate peanut butter ~~ Shut the front door!

I can go on and on about how wonderful the 21 Day Fix is but really it is the easiest thing I’ve ever done! I’ve done them all too I think, weight watchers, Atkins, SlimFast (gasp) I know I know. With the exception of Weight Watchers, they all failed me. Why? Because it comes down to one simple, simple solution that is the hardest concept to get people to understand – eat right and exercise. That is ALL it takes. I know the bad stuff tastes sooo good. You are preaching to the Southern Baptist choir here honey. I am southern tried and true. Give me fried taters or give me death!

Once you realize that those things are not completely gone from your life and you don’t have to deny yourself of anything really, you learn to enjoy what you know is better for you. I think this is one of the reasons I like doing my smoothie in the morning because it sets my tone for the rest of the day.

I wish I could tell you that it is all easy all the time but you do have to put in the effort to see results. You have to put the chocolate cake down and make a decision to change something. I know that if I can do it, you can too and I truly mean that! The workouts are 30 minutes a day and they all come with a modifier that makes each move possible for anyone to participate. The biggest thing on the workouts is to remember to just do YOUR personal best each and every time. You will get stronger. I had to take several breaks the first week but by the third week I was doing stuff and saying “no way I just did that”!

Anyway – that is my 411 for the day. I really would love for you to join me and my next challenge group on facebook. Working out with a big support system has given me the biggest results ever =} Click here to sign up for free and get to 21 Day Fixin!

No comments:

Post a Comment