Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My 5 Best Tips to stay on target

  transformation.jpg

No matter your journey, Stay positive! You will get there!

I am still on mine to get fitter, healthier, and happier!

Take each day as it comes. Somedays, it is a ~ take each hour as it comes. My life is translating into this as we speak.

Here are my 5 BEST TIPS to staying on top of the battle

  1. MEAL PLAN – meal planning is two fold. It takes the guessing out of the day AND helps you save time and money in the grocery store.
  2. Put your workout clothes on as SOON as you get home or get up. Depends on when you personally work out. This helps me SO much! If I put them on as soon as I get home, I ALWAYS work out. If I miss this step, it’s a struggle to get into workout mode.
  3. EAT EVERY 2-3 HOURS. When you skip meals, your body goes into starvation mode. It doesn’t know when you will feed it again so it hangs on to what you just ate. Even if that meal is on the healthy side. If you aren’t feeding your body good clean food every 2-3 hours, you will have a difficult time reaching your weight loss goals permanently. Sure you can loose them temporarily but you WILL gain all that weight back and then some! Trust me. Been there! Done that!
  4. BE CONSISTANT.  Life happens. We all know this. We get a curve ball and BAM, you are off track that quick. Remember that eating healthy and working out is something you should MAKE a permanent thing in your life so that the curve balls don’t disrupt anything. Sure you have a meal that doesn’t fit into your new way of eating BUT because you’ve incorporated all these new changes into your life, that ONE meal does NOT undo what you’ve worked hard for. Your metabolism is in a whole new zone. It will get burned off. You will not gain back ALL the weight you’ve fought off to loose. (Unless you continue to eat this way for weeks and weeks, well then its back to the starting line folks.)
  5. MOST IMPORTANTLY ~ REMOVE THE WORD “DIET” FROM YOUR VOCABULARY! I cannot stress this enough! Once I stopped dieting – I started eating and enjoying my food!!!! I don’t diet I live! I enjoy everything I eat. I love food. I love to cook food and I’ve learned how to eat healthy, nutritious food that tastes SO GOOD! My food life before was fat, fried, processed, junk, frozen, fast, food. Now my food life is fresh, whole, natural, green, flavorful, robust, energy filled, carb loved, healthy fats filling, protein full, food! STOP DIETING AND STARTING OVER! START ENJOYING LIFE AND EATING AGAIN.   Eat what you love but with a healthy kick! Don’t deny yourself your favorite food either! If it is mac & cheese (mine is) eat it and enjoy it! Just don’t eat it everyday or find a way to make it healthier.

Here’s to hoping this helps someone! I know these things help me. As long as I stay consistent, I stay on top of the battle. Whenever, I loose sight of my goals, I tend to get a little off track. Work out with a friend or in a group helps keep me motivated and accountable for what I need to do and what I should do. Join a challenge group. Make it fun!

I am using the 21 Day fix to keep me on track with portion controls. Click here to learn more about it. I have a new group starting June 30th!

Happy Tuesday! Happy Week!


No comments:

Post a Comment