Monday, September 15, 2014

Chicken Bacon (turkey) and Ranch Pasta

Chicken bacon ranch

Yep. All three of those things in one post title!

And guess what – It’s good y’all! Oh and healthy!

So here is what I did.

The recipe calls for bacon and I triple dog love me some bacon but being on the 21 Day Fix has me all up in my bacon feelings so I use Turkey bacon. I also used a smart pasta. I didn’t really know there was dumb pasta but according to the box, there is a smart pasta.

I could’ve used whole grain but I only wanted to challenge one thing at a time here.

I found this recipe on one of my favorite blogs (that by the way has the best recipe for homemade rolls eva!) Life in the Lofthouse (if you are feeling festive for the original one).

One of the easiest recipes I’ve thrown together in a long long time.

I know I’ve been in a vault lately. Y’all are like – where’s that skinny on a dime chick? Or maybe not…..

We are working some things out for sure. I love that some of you still read my blog and share my recipes SmileThanks for sticking around!!

 

Ok. To make this meal for your bunch

{Printable Recipe}

You need the following:

  • 8 ounces dried pasta – I used bowtie – you can use whatever
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
  • ½ tablespoon butter
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
  • 2 cups 1% lowfat milk
  • 1 Package of Ranch seasoning – I used Hidden Valley
  • 1 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/3 cup chopped, cooked turkey bacon

Directions: 

  1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add dried pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain water.
  2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium-high heat, in a large skillet. Add the chicken pieces, season with salt, pepper and season salt and cook until no longer pink. About 10 minutes.
  3. Once chicken is thoroughly cooked, add the butter. Once the butter melts, sprinkle the flour and packet of ranch seasoning over the chicken. Stir.
  4. Pour milk into the skillet, and continue to stir and cook until mixture starts to thicken.
  5. Stir in cheddar cheese and bacon pieces. Stir until cheese melts.

Add the cooked pasta to mixture and stir to combine. Serve immediately

I served this delish meal with a side salad and it was perfect.

Happy Monday! Happy Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment