One of the recipes I had on the menu this week that I’ve actually cooked is Marinated Garlic and Lime pork chops. They turned out very well. I grilled them outside and I think that added a bigger flavor to them.
You will need:
- 4 (6 oz) lean boneless pork chops
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 lime, juice of (I used lime juice because there wasn’t a lime in sit at any store I went to!)
- lime zest (didn’t have this either which probably would’ve made a big difference)
- salt and fresh pepper
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl.
- Dip each pork chop in the mixture, covering both sides. Once you’ve “dipped” all pork chops, place them in a large bowl to marinate for about 20 minutes. Just about the time your grill is ready. Oh, I forgot to mention to get your grill ready. So go do that now, hehe.
- Cook them on the grill for about 20 minutes or until done. You can use the broiler if you choose to, it was just nice outside and I wanted to cook on the grill.
- Serve them to your hungry family!
Grilling takes a lot out of a girl, so I gave in to temptation…..
and had a few of these!
While they were cooking I started working on the Asparagus. I just love this stuff.
Again, I like to cook mine on the stove top but the original recipe calls for roasting it in the oven.
I’m sure they are both just as tasty.
I also made Cilantro Lime Rice which is so addicting it should not be aloud!
To get the original Marinated Garlic and Lime Pork chops recipe, click here.
To get the original Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic butter sauce recipe, click here.
Click here for the Cilantro Lime Rice recipe.