Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Back to the beginning


This is a repost of my original welcome message. I get so many people asking me how I lost weight and how I keep it off. Here was a glimpse of my journey that lead me to my blog. I hope you find it useful and if you have questions let me know.
Welcome to Skinny on a dime!
I am very glad you are here. You might not realize it but I need your help and support just as much as you need mine.

So here is my story in a nut shell and the reasons why I've decided to put this little blog together.
A little over a year ago, I was at my largest weight ever in my life. I was headed for a road of depression and sadness. I wasn't used to being the size I was and I wasn't sure how I'd ended up there. Every time I would grow out of a size I would just say to myself "Well when I get to a size... I will have to start working out!" and it just never stopped. I became comfortable in the size I was in. I told lies to myself to try to believe that I wasn't as large as I was. I'm not really sure what my breaking point was that made me win the battle but whatever it was I am so thankful for now.
In June of 2008, a coworker offered me an opportunity that changed my life forever. A very well known weight loss company was teaming up with a local college to do a study for a new program they wanted to launch the following year. I said to myself "What else do I have to lose!" so I join with a very close friend of mine. I qualified for the study and decided that I would set a goal to lose 50lbs during the process. I wasn't sure how it would all work out but I was willing to give it a try.

So everyone asks, "What’s the secret, what did you do different?". I am here to tell you that there are no secrets, gimmicks or tricks. My success came from changing what groceries I bought and how I prepared my food. I also had to exercise but not near as much as you would think. In my next few blogs I will lay it all out on the table. I will give you every resource that I have. I will also show you along the way how you can save money buying the things that will keep you healthy. So join me if you have the same desire to be .....
Skinny on a dime!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sara,
    I'm enjoying your blog! Thank you for stopping by mine today; I appreciate the support & the nice words.

    I don't blog about it, but it seems you & I are on the same journey. I look forward to continuing to follow you.

    ciao,
    Maura
    The Moxie Bee
    http://www.themoxiebee.com

    ReplyDelete