Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Banana (strawberry) Breakfast smoothie

Banana Breakfast Shake Recipe 1/2 cup nonfat milk 3/4 cup low fat yogurt 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 2 medium bananas

                Source

I don’t know where this photo is from. It’s not mine.

I just thought I’d borrow it for a bit. It was dark in my house this morning at 4am so a good photo shot was not an option….

I found this recipe on pinterest (win) and thought ~ ya know I kinda want to try this whole smoothies for breakfast thing since I’m about to embark on a different kind of challenge soon. I also wanted to test the time it would take to make this little concoction as opposed to my normal cereal prep. Not bad, not bad at all. It was just under 5 minutes. I do have to admit though, I’m not a liquid meal kinda girl so the last two swallows were a bit rough (sorry for the explicits).

Trying to find options for a smoothie is a mind numbing endless list of options. I don’t have lots of time in the morning (by choice – I’m a snoozer) and I looked for things that a. I always, always have at home and b. would take the same amount of time my normal routine does.

In the end I found a win! One smoothie option gets a gold star for me!

Here is the easy peazy recipe for yourself.

{printable link}

You will need:

  • 2 medium bananas
  • 1/2 cup of skim or 1% milk
  • 8 oz low fat strawberry banana yogurt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:

  1. Pour your milk in the blinder.
  2. Add your yogurt, bananas and vanilla extract.
  3. Blend until smooth.

The only other thing I might add next time is ice just because I would like it to be colder. Other than that, this was so easy and so simple. Not 50 ingredients, not time consuming and was healthy and I didn’t have to add any sugar source at all.

Try it if you are on the same journey I am – You just might like it.

Tootles and Noodles


No comments:

Post a Comment