One of my favorite things to do in the spring and summer is grill outside.
Well I really love to do it all year round but just not as much in the winter!
I was searching for a healthy version of potato salad that wouldn’t leave
lumps on my legs when I came across one from www.skinnytaste.com.
Let me just say that it was gone before the ribs were done!
You will need:
(Printable recipe link here)
- 4 cups red potatoes, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 3 scallions, diced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fat free mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- Cut your potatoes into small pieces and put them in a pot to boil. You will want to have enough water that just covers the top of the potatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes or until your desired tenderness.
- Dice up your bell pepper and red onions. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and season with salt and pepper and mix well. Allow the ingredients to marinate together.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool. Once cool, add them to the bowl of ingredients and give it a good stir. Top with green onions and more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve them at room temperature or put in the refrigerator to chill and serve cold.
Enjoy this for your next BBQ adventure!