Anytime I make an Italian meal I feel inclined to add Brushetta Fresca to it.
I don’t know why. It just happens.
Maybe it is because I love cheese and tomatoes, not always together but I do love them!
It is really easy to make and if you use part skim milk mozzarella it’s even healthy too!
You will need:
- 1 Bakery baguette
- 8 oz Part skim milk mozzarella cheese
- 4–6 fresh basil leaves ( I’ve also use dried basil)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place oven rack 6 inches from heat source; then preheat on broil.
- Slice bread into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place on baking sheet.
- Cut cheese into small, bite-size pieces.
- Dice your tomato
- Slice basil into thin strips.
- Combine in medium bowl, garlic, vinegar, and olive oil. Stir in cheese, tomatoes, seasoned salt, and pepper.
- Broil bread 1 minute on each side until lightly toasted. (Watch closely to prevent over-browning.) Top with tomato mixture; sprinkle with basil and serve.
Serve with your next Italian meal or just because you love cheese and tomatoes!