Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Eat your green vegetables

asparagus tips

I don’t know about you guys but my taste buds have been evolving over a number of years. Things that I wouldn’t even look at as a kid are now so wonderful to me. It makes me think back to the days when my parents used to say “Girl, you don’t know what your missing!” and now I get it.

Right now of course my favorite green vegetable is asparagus, although I did overhear someone talking about white asparagus?? so I will have to try some of this “white” asparagus. I am always cooking my asparagus with balsamic butter sauce recipe and I love green cabbage for any occasion but I also made a great broccoli recipe that some of you might enjoy.

Roasted Broccoli with smashed garlic ( from Skinny Taste)

{print here}

roasted brocoli 2

You will need:

  • 1 1/2 lbs of broccoli (frozen or fresh) cut into cutlets
  • 5-6 cloves of garlic, smashed
  • 2 TBS of Olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 450.
  2. Combine broccoli, smashed garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a roasting pan and cook for about 20 minutes. The broccoli should be a little brown and tender.

That is it! Serve with your favorite meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment