Friday, December 10, 2010

Three cheese stuffed shells


So night before last I made my husbands newest favorite dish, compliments of The Pioneer Woman (Three cheese stuffed shells) but the “healthy version.  Click on the link above to get the full fat version. Below are the conversions I used to knock this down a notch!
Instead of: I used:
Whole milk ricotta cheesePart skim milk ricotta cheese
Regular parmesan cheeseReduced fat parmesan cheese
Regular Romano cheese Reduced fat Romano cheese
Regular Italian sausageReduced fat ground sausage
Regular sugarSplenda
Regular mozzarella cheeseFat Free mozzarella cheese

Some might say that this takes away from the ewey gewey goodness but I didn’t feel like I was missing out on a thing!
I also made a baguette loaf and some bruschetta Fresca and you can click here to get that recipe. It is also so yummy!

4 comments:

  1. How did your bruschetta turn out? That's one of my favorites particularly with home grown tomatoes. Hurry up Summer! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great! Of course homegrown tomatoes are so much better :0) but it is the easiest thing to make, just find a good ripe tomato from your local farmers market and use fresh mozarella and your good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Instead of the sausage, I used thick sliced ham from the deli (then chopped into little squares) and thinly sliced cucumbers. OMG so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM that change sounds good! I will have to try that next time because I'm not a huge fan of sausage like the guys are.

    ReplyDelete