Monday, December 5, 2011

Menu Monday for the rest of the year…. almost

mpmhappy_thumb[1]
December 31st is coming fast! Two months ago, I wanted it to be here.
Now I wish it would slow down a bit and take its time.
December 31st means two things:
  1. The year is over
  2. Election day is 30 days away!
I have family coming to Florida for Christmas for the first time YAY!
I am so excited to have them coming here for a change.
It is bittersweet though because I will miss seeing everyone else not coming =(
So to make my life easier, I made a meal plan for the rest of the year, minus the days family will be here!
I love meal planning! It keeps me on my always shrinking budget and has helped me successfully maintain my weight loss!
It was the secret to my personal success! So if you wanna know what my secret was….. well now you know =)
Hopefully some of these meals will make your nights less stressful.
Week 1
Sunday – Grilled Marinated chicken legs, skinless, scalloped potatoes
Monday – BBQ sandwiches (reduced fat bread), baked potato chips
Tuesday – Beef Tacos
Wednesday – Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce
Thursday – Sweet & spicy Tilapia with Roasted asparagus and potatoes
Friday – Grilled marinated pork tenderloin and cabbage
Saturday – Leftover pork loin and cabbage
Week 2
Sunday – Grilled chicken breasts, roasted veggies
Monday – Leftover grilled chicken and veggies
Tuesday – Beef enchiladas, ff refried beans, Santa Fe rice
Wednesday – Leftover enchiladas
Thursday – Buffalo chicken wraps and onion roasted potatoes
Friday – Cajun style chicken legs, roasted broccoli
Saturday – Homemade pizza (with RF cressent rolls, low fat mozzerella and choice of topping)
Week 3
Sunday – Chili
Monday – Leftover Chili
Tuesday – Taco casserole
Wednesday – Leftover casserole
Thursday- Saturday – Family here  and honestly I have no idea what we will be eating!
Week 4
Sunday – Merry Christmas! – Christmas dinner (prepared with love)
Monday & Tuesday – Family still here and again no idea what we are eating!
Wednesday – back to work =( so Cheesy enchilada casserole (new recipe from Pinterest so it might change)
Thursday – leftover casserole
Friday – Pizza night!
Saturday – New Years Eve! – Finger foods for the count down!
Not too many difficult recipes but some good nutritious ones too! Find one you enjoy and feed your family!
Happy Monday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment