Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Passionate for Pasta!

creamy grilled chicken picatta

When I started my journey almost 3 years ago I knew I would be successful for 2 reasons:

1. I could eat as much potatoes as I wanted and not count a single point!

2. I could still eat pasta and not feel the least bit guilty about it!

I tell people all the time that you don’t have to deprive yourself of food to loose weight.

The recent Dr. Oz shows have really touched a soft spot that I have in me for Weight Watchers.

Yes you can eat carbs and loose weight! Don’t believe me click here and see my transformation!

I ate pasta for dinner and it was so good. Don’t deprive yourself! Make this for dinner tonight!

{Printable Link}

You will need:

For the Chicken:

  • Juice of 1 Lemon
  • 3 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp oregano or basil
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

For the pasta:

  • 2 cups dried penne pasta
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • Juice of 2 lemons (6 Tbsp)
  • 1 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup fat free half and half
  • 2 tsp dried basil
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Directions:

For the Chicken:

  1. Combine first 6 ingredients and mix well. Place chicken in a Ziploc bag and pour marinade over chicken.
  2. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
  3. When ready grill until done.
  4. Allow chicken to rest for a few minutes and cut into thin strips to serve over pasta.

For pasta:

  1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
  2. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water and drain.
  3. In same sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
  4. Whisk in garlic and lemon juice.
  5. Pour in half and half and whisk until hot. Add salt and pepper until taste.
  6. Add the parmesan cheese and basil and heat until cheese is melted.
  7. Check the consistency of the sauce and add some of the reserved pasta water to loosen the sauce if necessary.
  8. Toss in pasta.

Serve in pasta bowls with the chicken on top. Sprinkle more parmesan cheese if you feel the need!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment