A few weeks ago I saw a post on The Pioneer Woman to make a Frito Chili Pie.
She is a much better cook than I am.
She has a much better camera than I do.
She has a kitchen in an awesome lodge that is to die for.
I was inspired to recreate this masterpiece of a meal but the Skinny version!
In my skinny kitchen, with my skinny counters and low lighting.
Random fact ~ Did you know that corn chips are low in points?!?
It’s the small things that keep me happy!
Make this recipe for your next game day get together.
Make this recipe for your inner child that misses Friday night lights!
You will need:
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (93/7)
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 can (12 To 14 Ounce) Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (10 Ounce) Ro-tel (diced Tomatoes And Chilies)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder (more To Taste)
- 1 can (14-ounce) Kidney Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 can (14-ounce) Pinto Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1/4 cup Corn Meal
- 1/2 cup Warm Water
- One large bag of Frito corn chips (or several small ones)
- Low fat or fat free Cheddar Cheese
- Fat Free sour cream (Optional)
- Diced Red Onion (Optional)
- Brown ground beef with garlic in a pot over medium-high heat. Add tomato sauce, Rotel, salt, oregano, cumin, and chili powder. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add drained and rinsed beans. Stir to combine, then cover and simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Mix corn meal with water, then add to the chili. Stir to combine and simmer for a final 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Pile corn chips, chili and cheese, and diced onion in a bowl.Or if your heart desires use the small bags of corn chips and just throw it all in there!