Some people like enchiladas
but some people LOVE enchiladas
I am one of these people but with a twist.
I love them but I am not a fan of red sauce, of any kind really
I found a solution by mixing green chili sauce to the
despised red sauce and it is the perfect combination.
If you don’t know what to make for dinner tonight
but you don’t want a meal loaded with fat ~ make this recipe!
You will need:
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 3tbsp olive oil for frying
- Pinch of cumin
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 c grated low fat or fat free cheddar cheese
- ½ onion, diced
- 3/4 c enchilada sauce (I mix mild green sauce with mild red sauce)
- 2 tsp. Salt
1. Sauté' meat and onions until meat is crumbly and onions are limp.
2. Add 3/4 cup of the mixed enchilada sauce, cumin, salt and simmer 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, soft fry tortillas in olive oil and drain on paper towels.
4. Dip each tortilla in remaining heated enchilada sauce, coating both sides.
5. Divide meat and onion mixture evenly among the tortillas.
6. Roll and place overlapped side down in baking dish.
7. Spoon remaining sauce over.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
Sprinkle with grated cheese and let it melt in the oven for the last 5 minutes or so.
Here are the main attractions in this meal
Serve with Fat free Refried beans, Uncle Bens Ready Rice
and top them off with fat free sour cream, tomatoes and onions!
After dinner is over, your teenager will invade the kitchen
and make one of these ~
A cake covered with chocolate and strawberries!
He shows good potential, right!
Enjoy your weekend!