Thursday, July 21, 2011

Avocado hater turned Guacamole lover!

avacado

I don’t know if you knew this

(and really why would you…lol)

but I despise despised avocados.

I don’t know why.

Maybe because they are green and soft

or maybe because they can start with a name like avocado and become something named guacamole??

Either way I didn’t like them ~ never wanted to try them.

Until one day ~ one special day I gave in and tried guacamole.

Hallelujah I have been converted! I LOVE guacamole now!

Well lets not go so far, I LOVE the guacamole recipe I found on www.skinnytaste.com!

I don’t know if the same would be true if I tried it, lets say, at a Mexican restaurant were you would typically eat guacamole lol but at least now I am not afraid.

If you want to be converted or if you already live on the dark side this is the most simple and amazing (so far) guacamole recipe in the WORLD!

You will need:

{Printable Link}

  • 3 Hass avocados (even though I used 2 and it still was great)
  • 1 lime juiced
  • 1/3 cup red onion diced
  • 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
  • Salt and pepper

Directions

  1. Place the pulp from the avocados in a medium bowl and slightly mash with a fork or a potato masher leaving some large chunks.
  2. Add lime juice, salt, pepper, cilantro and red onion and mix thoroughly.

Serve with your favorite meal or just dig in with chips or just do both!

ques guac

I served it with chicken quesadillas ~ YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment