Sometimes life gives you lemons
Sometimes it gives you limes
and sometimes it gives you a good kick in the ~woohoo~!
I haven’t been blogging (or cooking) much lately :~(
I know lemons and limes have nothing to do with this recipe
I just always wanted to say life gave me lemons lol and I made lemonade HA!
Make chimichangas for dinner tonight and your limes will rejoice!
You will need:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Spray a medium nonstick skillet with nonstick spray; set over medium-high heat.
- Add the turkey, onion, garlic, chili powder, oregano, and cumin.
- Cook chicken and shred or brown ground beef, whichever you decide to use.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and the chilies; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the flavors are blended and the mixture thickens, slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Meanwhile, wrap the tortillas in foil and place in the oven to warm for 10 minutes.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of the filling into the center of each tortilla.
- Fold in the sides, then roll to enclose the filling.
- Place the chimichangas, seam-side down, on the baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the tops of the tortillas with nonstick spray.
- Bake until golden and crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Do not turn.
Top with low fat shredded cheese if you wish
Serve with fat free refried beans and homemade salsa and chips.
For an extra appetizer try some homemade guacamole dip too!
Guacamole dip recipe from www.skinnytaste.com.