Thursday, October 25, 2012

Buffalo chicken Sandwiches – with Ranch please….

buffalo chicken sandwich
I came across this recipe in a magazine. I honestly don’t know which one because I tore it out immediately!
I’ve been doing that a lot lately – tearing things out immediately!
But this was so good y’all. I have a spicy spot for hot stuff.
It was an acquired taste that came along with my acquired husband (just joking honey if you read this :])
I like buffalo wings.
I like chicken.
I like simplicity and I love my crock pot so this was a match made in heaven before I even knew I needed to find it!
The original recipe calls for buffalo wing sauce but I wanted to be a rebel without a cause so I made my own! Cause I’m crafty like that.
Wait um I mean creative, no inventive, no…. never mind.
I just like making my own sauce. Man that sounded hilarious in my head.
I try……
I’m not a fan of Blue Cheese either. I don’t like it and don’t want to try it. Well, unless you secretly serve it to me and I like it without knowing then I guess it will be okay to say I like it. But otherwise, keep it outta my Frigidaire!
At least that is how I sneak things into my meals and it works for my bunch but I’m too smart for that so kids don’t try this at home! Ranch please……
Ok so simplicity you like huh? Well, here you go.
{Printable Link}
You will need:
  • 3 - 4 to 6 oz Boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen or thawed)
  • 1 Cup Franks Red Hot Hot Sauce
  • 2 Tbsp Butter
  • 2 Tbsp Honey
  • 2/3 cup water
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Low fat or FF Ranch dressing for topping it all off
  • Sandwich Rolls (I had some yummy bakery rolls but any Roll you prefer would work)
Directions:
  1. In a crock pot, add all ingredients except ranch dressing and cook on low for 8 hours.
  2. Once done, shred meat with tongs (easiest way to shred!) and mix it all up in the sauce in your pot.
  3. Pile it onto your Roll, add Ranch dressing to your liking (or that other stuff, bleh).
Have one heck of an evening folks!
S-Kay-Ooo so glad you stopped by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment