Tostadas for dinner
Shrimp Tostadas for dinner
Guacamole shrimp tostadas for dinner
Easy is the word
Full is the flavor!
You will need
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 cups grated reduced fat or fat free cheddar cheese
- 2 Avocados
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice from one lime
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 diced roma tomato
- Fat free sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350
- Lightly coat both sides of corn tortillas with cooking spray
- Bake for 4 minutes on each side.
- Switch oven to low broil.
- Evenly distribute cheese over tortillas and broil until cheese is melted and bubbly (Don’t leave your oven, this goes quick! Notice the burnt tortillas in my picture =/)
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine avocados, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. Mash with a fork until you have guacamole consistency or you can go here to use my other guacamole recipe.
- Toss shrimp with cumin, chili powder, crushed pepper flakes and garlic powder.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Sear shrimp on one side for about 2-3 minutes flip and sear other side. Remove from pan.
- Add your diced peppers to the same pan you cooked the shrimp in. Sauté for about 2 minutes, scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the pan, seasoning the peppers along the way.
- Spoon the guacamole over each cheesy tostada, top with shrimp, bell pepper, tomato, sour cream and a little lime juice.
Top the meal off with chips and eat the rest of the guacamole! Pour a glass of wine and your good to go!