Fall weather usually shows up in Florida mid to late October but…..
But we got a taste of it over the weekend!
It put me in the mood to feed my inner pumpkin child!
I’ve been waiting to try this recipe and Sunday was a perfect day.
I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make either.
The icing is courtesy of the teenager!
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes!
You will need:
- 18.25 oz Dunkin Hines Golden Vanilla Super Moist Cake Mix
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 cup water
- 8 oz Philadelphia 1/3 fat cream cheese (do not use fat free)
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (canned is fine)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 5 tbsp packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake wrappers.
Combine cake mix and pumpkin spice in a large bowl. Add pumpkin puree and water, mix about 2 minutes.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake about 20 - 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- For the frosting, combine the cream cheese, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar until smooth. You can use a spatula to ice the cupcakes or pipe them which may require making more frosting.
The original recipe is found here at skinnytaste.com