Buffalo – Not everyone likes Buffalo sauce or hot sauce. I do. I can’t get enough of it.
I tend to make my own buffalo sauce though….. but it’s a secret (that I share) =)
Generally I get my recipes from other blogs, tweak them, eat them and post them but this one comes courtesy of The Wing House!
Yeah, yeah we frequent the wing house. They have a killer chef salad too that we tweaked with Mahi Mahi Fish. We will talk about that later.
I couldn’t get enough of their buffalo chicken wraps at the wing house. Well wait, I did get enough of the chicken wraps at the wing house because I gained like 50lbs and couldn’t bring myself to eat them anymore. I wanted to still eat them, but at home, without the fried chicken tenders, and butter filled buffalo sauce. Without the full fat ranch and yummy potato chips.
So I improvised, I planned, I tried, and I baked my own.
They left me feeling like I’d been at the wing house, minus the wings, the grease, the servers, the boobs and the bill.
You can feel like you are eating at the wing house too. Even better, mine includes potatoes – not chips!
You will need:
- 3 4oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut into strips
- 2 cups Progresso Bread crumbs – or any brand bread crumbs
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/8 cup of seasonal seasonings or Slap yo mama mild seasonings – if you dare :)
- 4 Large Flour tortillas – you can also use whole wheat
- Non stick cooking spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup Reduced fat shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup Diced tomatoes
- 4 1/4 cup Individual servings of Fat free ranch dressing for dipping
- 1 Cup buffalo sauce or homemade hot sauce mixture to your liking (recipe below)
- A batch of Onion Roasted Potatoes
- Turn your oven on and preheat to 425.
- Rinse and cut your chicken into strips.
- Beat the eggs, adding the milk and stir together. (Like your gonna make scrambled eggs, but your not)
- Pour the breadcrumbs and seasonings into a zip lock back that you trust when it is closed.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture, then in plastic bag and shake, shake, shake! (You will have to do this in a few batches)
- Place the covered chicken strips on a baking sheet that you’ve covered with aluminum foil and sprayed with Non stick cooking spray. Repeat this until all of your tenders are covered in bread crumbs and on the baking sheet. Spray the top of them with non stick cooking spray to give them a little crisp as they cook.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, turning them over half way through. Cook until done and golden brown.
- Once the tenders are done, dip them into the hot sauce/buffalo sauce mixture.
- Warm up your tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Cover them in damp paper towels. This helps keep them moist.
- Begin layering your wraps. First chicken tenders, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes.
- Roll them up and grill them on both sides in a skillet. Just so they melt the cheese and the outside of the tortilla is a little crisp.
- Cut in half and serve them up with Onion Roasted Potatoes! Best part – they both cook at the same temp so you can cook chicken and potatoes at the same time!
Hot Sauce – Sauce
I do not have a recipe for this. I repeat I do not have a recipe for this. It is just one of those things that I’m gonna give you the ingredients. Tell you how I make it and you just test the waters for yourself. Sorry….. it happens to the best of us.
You will need:
- Franks Hot sauce
- Butter (I use Land o lakes with Canola Oil – the spreadable kind)
- Add about a cup to a cup and a half of Franks Hot sauce to a small pot.
- Add about a tablespoon of butter.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Let it come to a boil on the stove and dip your chicken tenders right on in.
If you don’t want to fuss with all of this just buy a bottle of Buffalo Wing Sauce, warm it up in the microwave and dip your chicken tenders right in there before adding to the tortilla.
Lastly don’t forget to prepare yourself a recipe of Onion Roasted Potatoes!
Serve Dinner and enjoy your night!