Monday, February 18, 2013

I made Muffins y’all…

muffins

Banana Oatmeal muffins (with chocolate chips) to be exact!

I don’t bake which is why this is a big deal.

I like to bake but it never turns out good, which is why this is a big deal.

I like to eat baked goods, which is why this is a big deal!

There was something about this baked goods recipe that grabbed me and said

“You will bake me tonight and it will turn out good”

I was kinda scared when I heard a muffin recipe speak to me, kinda like those creepy Pier One commercials that have things talk to you in the store

O^O  

I was afraid that if I didn’t make these I would have creepy nightmares….. wooo hahahaha.

I’m probably creeping y’all out with this creepy post.

Muffins

Sorry, here they are.

Ok first of all. These are healthy, not in I wanna throw them in the trash healthy, but as in no flour, sugar or butter healthy :)

Second of all, my teenager had seconds :)

And third of all, my first attempt at a recipe of this type and score :)

Make a batch for your bunch and see if they reach for seconds.

{Printable Link}

It makes 12 muffins.

You will need:

  • 2.5 cups old fashioned oats 
  • 1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 TBSP ground flax seed
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • ½ cup of Semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chopped nuts if you prefer those instead)

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray tin with non-stick cooking spray or line 12 muffin tins with muffin liners and spray them so the muffins will not stick.
  2. Place the oats in the food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds.  Add remaining ingredients to the food processor. (Now I don’t have a food processor so I used my small chopper to grind the oats and then mixed it all in a large bowl with the mixer and it worked fine. The processor would’ve probably given me a smoother texture but mine were just fine.)
  3. Process until everything is mixed together and oats are smooth.
  4. Mix in the chocolate chips. (or nuts or whatever you want to add really.)
  5. Divide batter among cupcake liners, and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
  6. Let them cool on a wire rack for just a few minutes and then dig in. They are amazing when they are warm!

All I can say is yum! My second batch is coming up soon!

Recipe adapted from here.

Happy Monday to you!

OH and don’t forget to enter in my first ever giveaway here!! You still have time to enter and win!

No comments:

Post a Comment