I’m continuing another week with my detox.
Last week I finished off it by making my favorite Hot Tortilla Soup minus the chicken.
Love love this soup. It is my absolute favorite.
Sunday I made a creamy potato soup that did not include heavy cream!
It was by far the easiest soup I’ve made. It was pretty darn good too!
It ended up being a combination of two different recipes and there isn’t too much I would change the next go around.
You will need:
- 6 medium red potatoes (or enough to equal 32 ounces), peeled and diced
- 32 ounces of chicken broth
- 1 cup of 1% milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of real bacon bits
- 1/4 cup of green onions (chives)
- 1/2 cup diced onions (optional)
- Pepper – to taste
- In a 3-4 quart pot and add in the potatoes, water, broth, garlic powder and your onions if you decided to use them. (Potato soup is just one meal that I don’t like to add diced onions!)
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are done and can be poked with a fork so around 20 minutes. You don’t want to over cook them because you will want some potato chunks but cooked enough to mash them up a bit.
- While potatoes are cooking, mix flour and milk into a small bowl and whisk until it is all mixed together.
- Once the potatoes are done, stir in the milk and flour mixture and turn the heat on high. Mash up a few of the potatoes but leave some still together.
- Cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Add the cheddar cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve in a gigantic bowl and top it off with bacon bits, green onions, and pepper.
For me, this meal rates at about 3 points. I’m not sure if you are on the points plus system but I’m sure it is fairly close to that.
This whole pot of soup cost me about $6.25 so that would be around $1 per serving!