Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Slow cooker chili


I know the Superbowl is over but more than half of the country is snowed in and looks like its not even close to being over. Well, living in Florida really doesn’t give me a lot of opportunities to make a big pot of chili for cold nights but I did make some Sunday. I know there are tons of recipes out there for chili but when I tell you this is the easiest, most flavorful chili recipe you better believe it. It has a slight kick in the hmm hmm but its not to overbearing. I cooked it in my slow cooker Sunday and when I came home from church it was ready to devour.
To keep this a 0 points meal, skip the crackers and chips. Just add fat free sour cream, fat free cheese (I opt for full fat cheese though) and maybe some red onions.
Ingredients:
1lb lean ground beef
1 can mild chili beans (or pinto or kidney beans depending on your preference. I like chili beans because it gives it a little something extra)
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 small can tomato sauce
1/2 bell pepper – chopped
1 small onion – diced
1tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Black pepper (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
Directions:
1. Brown ground beef
2. Put all remaining ingredients into slow cooker and add ground beef.
3. Stir it all together and simmer 3-4 hours on low.
Enjoy with crackers, chips, sour cream, and cheese. Or just by itself is good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment